This policy describes how Episcopal Divinity School (EDS) handles information collected and received from you when you visit the eds.edu website (the “Website”).
By using the Website, you consent to EDS’ collection, storage, use, and disclosure of information as described in this policy.
The information EDS may collect and store includes the following:
- Your e-mail address, contact information, and other information provided as part of your use of the Website;
- Any registration information and other information you upload or post to the Website;
- Articles, content, discussion threads, comments, and other postings; and
- Other information from your interaction with the Website, including but not limited to computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, advertising data, internet protocol (IP) address, and web log information.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or elsewhere outside the United States of America, you consent to the transfer of your information to EDS in the United States.
Use of Your Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide a safe, accessible, efficient, and customized experience for you and other users of the Website. We use such information to:
- Operate the Website;
- Prevent or respond to prohibited or illegal activities;
- Measure and improve the performance of the Website.
We do not share or sell your email address or other personal information to any third party for commercial purposes without your permission.
Based on the information we collect and receive, we may send you communications promoting the Website and distributing information related to the mission of EDS and that of the Episcopal Church. If you prefer not to receive such communications, please contact us at [email protected] or EDS c/o The Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine, 1047 Amsterdam Avenue New York, NY 10025.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce EDS policies, respond to claims that certain content or postings violate the rights of others, or protect anyone’s property or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- Service providers who assist us in managing EDS operations;
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity;
- Third parties that provide a valid subpoena or court order; or
- Third parties when we believe appropriate to address potential fraud, security, or other risks to EDS or others, or to identify anyone posting inappropriate or unlawful information on the Website.
Activity Connected with a User
Your identity will be connected with your activity on the Website.
No Misuse of the Website
We prohibit misuse of the Website, including but not limited to spam, spyware, or spoofing. We may automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks, and other malicious or illegal activity.
You are not permitted to copy the e-mail addresses of other users of the Website for your own use, such as by adding them to your own mailing list, without their express consent, even if a user publicly displays an e-mail address on the Website.
In our discretion, we may keep archives of any or all content, discussions, comments, and other postings or submissions on the Website.
We use reasonable security tools (e.g., encryption, passcodes, physical security) to protect your information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, third parties may intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your information that they collect from the Website. Therefore, although we strive to protect your privacy, we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
This policy addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect or receive from you through the Website. The Website may contain links other websites. We are not responsible for such other websites’ privacy practices or content.
If you disclose your information to third parties, including but not limited to other users, through the Website or by other means, different rules may apply to the third parties’ use or disclosure of any information you disclose to them. We do not control the use of your information by third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of third parties where applicable.
We may amend this policy at any time by posting the amended terms on the Website.