Applicants can apply to the MDiv at any point in the ordination process; we also accept MDiv applications from those who are not in the ordination process. No particular denominational affiliation is required. Applicants for both programs must have an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution; applicants without degrees are encouraged to apply for the certificate program. Although our students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and undergraduate majors, some Biblical knowledge and strong writing skills are expected of entering students.
- Completed online application, including personal essays.
- Four letters of recommendations [PDF]
- EDS strongly suggests that applicant submit at least one academic reference and one pastoral reference.
- Letters must come directly from the recommender; references sent by the applicant will not be accepted.
- Recommendations sent by e-mail or fax also will not be accepted.
- Every letter must contain contact information for the recommender.
- Professional recommendations should be on letterhead.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions where academic credit was earned or attempted, issued by the institution directly to EDS.
- We do not currently accept e-transcripts.
- Applicants must provide translations of any transcripts that are not in English.
- EDS may request equivalency evaluations of non-U.S. transcripts. Evaluations will be done at the applicant’s expense.
- Resume or CV
- TOEFL or IELTS (Academic Test) scores for applicants with undergraduate degrees from outside the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, or Australia / New Zealand
- Scores must come directly from the testing agency.
- We require a minimum score of 94 on the TOEFL or 7.0 on the IELTS.
- Two interviews, once the application file is completed
- Interviews may be conducted either on-campus or via Skype
- $75 application fee
- Completed background check.
- The application fee includes the cost of the background check
- The Admissions Committee strongly recommends that MDiv and MATS applicants take and submit scores from the Graduate Record Exam.