Technology: EDS must invest in the necessary upgrade of administrative systems, on-line services, and data lines for Distributive Learning, web casting and new pedagogies arising from educational technologies
Progress Toward Goals (back to Progress2015)
- EDS promoted from within a new Director of Technology Services and hired a new IT Support Specialist position.
- PowerCampus with student self-service portal was launched. Alumni/ae portal is being developed.
- EDS is investigating ways in which information can be shared across departments through SQL interface.
- Many hardware, network, and telecommunication upgrades were installed.
- A new website with an in-house Content Management System capability was launched.
- EDS continued technology offerings to Committees and Commissions of General Convention.
- Through a generous grant from the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations, EDS will upgrade the School’s technological capacity in order to keep up with growing demand for hybrid learning options.